Friday, March 06, 2009

Warmest Wishes: Peter Tork

We at PowerPop wish to send good vibes to Peter Tork, who underwent surgery for a rare form of cancer this week.
Tork, 67, said he has a slow-growing form of head and neck cancer, Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma. Although it is most frequently found in the salivary glands, Tork's cancer was discovered on the lower region of the tongue.

"It's a bad news, good news situation," Tork says on the website. "It's so rare a combination (on the tongue) that there isn't a lot of experience among the medical community about this particular combination. On the other hand, the type of cancer it is, never mind the location, is somewhat well known, and the prognosis, I'm told, is good."


Let's all send some warm and healing wishes to him.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

He hung out at the Speakeasy for a brief period when I was courting the bartender. Seemed like a nice guy, not at all full of himself.

steve simels said...

HE was the Monkee I always identified with. I have no idea why.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Maybe because he was a movie guy and musically accomplished, Steve?

steve simels said...

Actually, I was and am a huge Nesmith fan.

Hmm...perhaps I'll post some audio of Mike on MOnday...
:-)

Anonymous said...

Aha! Behold the power of the toque!

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

A while back Steve via this blog turned me onto Nesmith’s The Hits Just Keep On Coming, and … yeah. The truth is, it’s just freaking great. But I never would have suspected.

MJConroy said...

The Monkees helped save my life. I was in 7th grade and my appendix burst just as the Monkees were debuting on tv. I spent over 3 weeks in the hospital and was pretty depressed. Somebody bought the record for me and, being in the target demographic, I loved it. It lifted my spirits immensely - I send that Karma back towards Peter now!

Anonymous said...

Peter said...
He hung out at the Speakeasy for a brief period when I was courting the bartender. Seemed like a nice guy, not at all full of himself.


Was that Francesca, by any chance? Everyone wanted to court her!

Good thoughts to Mr. Tork, too.

NYMary said...

HE was the Monkee I always identified with. I have no idea why.

Huh, I would have thought Davy Jones.

(ducking)