Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Future Now

My review of a very cool new rock film -- Scott Walker: 30 Century Man -- is finally up over at Box Office.



A fascinating meditation on the nexus of art and celebrity with a deeply charismatic figure at its center, director Stephen Kijak's profile of reclusive pop icon Scott Walker is one of the most remarkable music documentaries in ages, and certainly the absolute best ever made about a guy who went into a studio to record the sound of a man punching a side of pork (it's in the film, trust me)...


You can read the rest of it here. As always, if you could see your way to go over there and leave a comment, it would reassure management that I'm worth the insane amounts of money they're paying me.

Incidentally, the doc should be playing somewhere in your vicinity in the next month or two (it's in L.A., currently) so keep your eyes open; I don't have an exact date, but there should be a DVD in the stores sometime fairly soon as well. In either case -- not to be missed.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Brilliant film. I want to see it again.

And my word is "dionessa" .... wasn't she the Greek goddess of hair coloring?

Kid Charlemagne said...

I'm looking forward to this! Hope it runs in DC