Monday, July 18, 2011

Holy Crap!

Stage collapse leaves fans, bands shaken in Ottawa

Thousands of spectators were watching the band Cheap Trick perform when a sudden storm swept over the outdoor concert and toppled the main stage just before 8 p.m. on Sunday.

A severe thunderstorm watch had been in effect on Sunday night, but CTV Ottawa reporter Katie Griffin said the storm arrived with little warning and caught everyone by surprise.

"It just happened so fast," Griffin told CTV's Canada AM from Ottawa on Monday morning.


Okay, I get that severe weather is the new normal (thanks, global climate change!),but don't you fuck with Cheap Trick, Mother Nature!

Video embedding of the collapse disabled: see it here.

7 comments:

The Phantom Creep said...

That is genuinely scary shit. Wow.

Billy B said...

I just saw that on CNN. Crazy.

Gummo said...

Holy.

Fucking.

Shit.

Sal Nunziato said...

I can't believe what I'm seeing. AND, no one got hurt.

Tierra Madre Horse Sanctuary said...

Years ago, I was taking my daughter to a Cheap Trick concert at MSG. She told her grandfath - my father-in-law - about it on the phone. He said, "Let me speak to your father!"

He got me on the phone & said, "What the hell kind of band is that - Cheap Prick?!?"

I thought to myself, takes one to know one.

Anonymous said...

"severe weather is the new normal"

No, the new normal is that there are cameras everywhere that record this stuff. I'm sure this has happened in the pre-camera phone day. Like the tree falling in the forest no one was around to hear it like we "hear" it today.

steve simels said...

Yeah, right. And Al Gore is fat.